The Staying Well Team is a project for over 50’s provided by Bury Council. The Staying Well Team will help you to ensure you are receiving great all round care and support, so that you can enjoy good health and maintain your independence.
The Staying Well Team will be able to provide you with advice, support and assistance to enable you to remain healthy, happy and independent for longer.
Once we have taken some basic details a Staying Well Co-ordinator will telephone you and have an informal discussion to help you identify what’s going well and what’s not going so well by using the Quality of Life Tool. We will assist, support and signpost you into services that can help you to maintain or improve your health and well-being
Individuals who qualify for the service include those:
- Aged 50 years and above
- Registered with the targeted GP practice
- Resident in the community
What do you need to help you Stay Well?
Think about your Home:
- Is it meeting your needs? Is it too large or are there any repairs needed.
- Do you worry about affording things? Are you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to, in particular Pension Credit or Attendance Allowance?
Think about your Daily Life:
- How well do you cope with daily tasks such as cleaning and looking after yourself?
- Would you benefit from small pieces of equipment to help you around your home?
- Do you look after someone and would benefit from support to help you with this?
Think about your Health and Lifestyle:
- Maybe you need help with being more active, eating healthier or support to stop smoking?
- Is there anything stopping you from getting out and about to appointments, social activities or to do shopping?
- Do you ever feel lonely or need help improving your confidence?
Anyone can refer someone they know whether you are a professional working with someone or a friend or family member. You can also refer yourself to the service by simply ringing 0161 253 5151 or emailing email@example.com